TMB (Template Model Builder) is an R package for fitting statistical latent variable models to data. It is inspired by ADMB. Unlike most other R packages the model is formulated in C++. This provides great flexibility, but requires some familiarity with the C/C++ programming language.
These pages describes the C++ part of TMB. The R part is documented via the ordinary R help system.
- Related pages: Introduction to TMB and vignettes (start here if you are new). Alternatively available as a book.
- Modules: The C++ documentation is grouped in 'modules'. Here you can get an overview of e.g. all TMB macros or all available distributions etc.
- Namespaces: TMB's package system.
- Classes: The C++ classes used in TMB.
- Files: The C++ files that constitute TMB.
- Examples: List of pre built models that comes with TMB.
- Search field: Start typing a keyword, and all matching keywords will be listed. Very useful!.